Being new to a big city can be very exciting yet overwhelming at the same time. With so many new places to go and things to see, it’s hard to choose what exactly to fit into your schedule. Even after a few months, I’m still exploring and learning new places. Coming from a huge city like NYC, I always based my restaurant picks or happy hours based on the area where I lived or worked. Each section of the city is so different and has its own reputation, similar to Dallas.
From NYC to Dallas and as a newbie myself, I’ve rounded up my favorite Dallas rooftops, Instagram accounts to follow and coffee shops to go to. If you’re like me and love an Instagrammable moment, this is for you. And for all my fellow newbies, I hope this will guide you to some great places that will become your go-to’s as well. Enjoy! – Madison DeChellis
Instagram accounts to follow:
- @dallaslovelist – This is my absolute favorite account to follow for all the trendy new Dallas spots.
- @datenight.dallas – Love this account when I’m looking for new date spots to go with my boyfriend.
- @dallas_discovered – Great options for happy hours and fun group dinners plus so aesthetically pleasing.
Trendy coffee shops I love:
- Foxtrot – The cutest market and best work-from-home spot! Plus, it has perfect last-minute gifts for friends or family.
- White Rhino Coffee – An awesome breakfast/coffee shop. You can always count on enjoying some live music while you spend your morning here.
- La La Land – Such a great cafe with fun vibes. Each yellow coffee cup has an inspirational saying on it like “Be Kind” and calls for an Instagrammable moment.
- Catbird – A high-end rooftop inside the Thompson Hotel. Very trendy and the perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion.
- Te Deseo – Latin American Cuisine with an amazing happy hour and rooftop that overlooks the city.
- The Statler – Gorgeous hotel rooftop with a pool and cabanas overlooking downtown Dallas.